Benefits | Categories
The Association’s diverse constituency is composed
of individual and organizational members interested
in providing leadership on rural health issues.
Members include health care providers and
administrators from private and public settings,
state and local government leaders, researchers,
educators, consumer groups, consultants, insurance
and employer representatives and individuals
concerned with rural health. It is a non-profit
organization governed by a Board of Directors.
- Advocacy - Add your individual voice and your organizational message to PRHA and speak up on health policy that affects rural Pennsylvanians. Our press releases, position papers, legislative meetings, and formal publications, such as STATUS CHECK, have people listening.
- Leadership - Development Assist and participate in leadership skill development and in scholarship selection for the Pennsylvania Rural Leadership Program. PHRA helps grow rural leaders.
- Professional and Community Networking - Opportunity to form liaisons with government officials, health care professionals, leaders of health organizations and community agencies to further the mission of your own organization.
- Technical Assistance - Opportunity to learn about funding resources for community partnerships as well as grant writing assistance.
- Information - Access to facts and resources on a variety of rural health issues. We have data, experts, networks, and ideas!
- Publications - Subscriptions to: Pennsylvania Rural Health News, Pennsylvania Rural Health Update, and The Healthcare Workforce in Pennsylvania.
- Conference - Reduced registration fee to the annual Pennsylvania Rural Health Conference.
Student - $15
Persons who are enrolled full-time in college or high school.
Individual - $50
Any eligible individual not holding membership in another category, except Honorary.
Organization - $250
Any organization with five or more members that requests Organization
membership. An organizational membership is entitled to one vote by an
individual authorized by the organizational member. Each participant from
the organizational membership will enjoy the other benefits of PRHA
Honorary memberships may be granted by the Board of Directors as appropriate
to further the purposes of the Association. Honorary members shall have all
rights and privileges of members except voting and holding office.
PRHA Membership Brochure
Download the 2015 PRHA Membership Brochure